To be old....


"When you are growing old, you often think about the "bad things" you have not done."
(William Sommerset Maugham)

I am growing older. And within the last years I started to become more silly, to do things I would not have done when I was younger. I don't mention no more what people might think about me. I am stupid? Ok - no matter. I am crazy? Let's call the doctor. With every little moment I live, I understand more and more that the only person who can make my life be special and wonderful and full of amazing moments is me. And with every day my courage to live my life ist growing more and more.
Sometimes - only for a short moment - I imagine how great things could have been when I would have had the same attitude thirty years before.
So, to be old doesn't mean to be out of life. I understand that I just start living my life. And might you imagine what a great feeling this is?

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts